“They take care of their employees and they look out for them. You have a question and you want to talk to somebody, you can always call up Pete…they always got an ear for you. The benefits are different than any other place I’ve worked.”
The foundation of a strong community is household sustaining employment. Partnerships among Lancaster’s businesses, educational institutions, and non-profits provide every resident access to One Good Job.
- Administered the Small Business Emergency Fund
- Water Eviction Prevention Established
- Eviction Prevention Network Expanded
- Affordability prioritized in Redevelopment of City of Lancaster Policies
- Biggest commitment to affordable housing in a generation with HDC MidAtlantic’s 120 new affordable housing units
- Administered City Revitalization & Improvement Zone (CRIZ) grants to Lancaster City businesses
- Office of Promotion focused on supporting small, local businesses throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
2021 Goals & Priorities
- Housing Affordability Analysis completed by Center for Regional Analysis
- Expansion of Land Bank tools and resources for affordability
- Housing & Urban Development (HUD) 5-year Consolidated Planning to prioritize federal funding allocations
- Revise Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance (LERTA) ordinance
This strategic plan can’t work without input from people like you. You know your neighborhood, your street, and your needs better than anyone. We value your input as we work together to build a stronger, more equitable Lancaster, block by block.